Friday, February 11, 2022

Making headway

 Hello everyone,

We’ll, I finally settled on a proper layout for the electronics cabinet.



To photo is the bottom of the cabinet, it will hold the batteries and the 110 volt breaker box. The bottom picture is the top of the cabinet, and it will hold the other electronics and the garbage can. I’ve got the frames together and painted.


Plus I’ve got all the pieces cut to “skin” the box.



I can put on some of the skin, but some of it needs to be removable to change batteries etc.. I drilled a hole in the side of the van and mounted a 30 amp, 110 volt plug in, like for an RV. That was a little nerve racking, but, I think I only have one more of those to do and it’s a small hole to mount a “porch” light. Come to think of it, maybe one more, if I end up mounting an XM/ Sirius antennae.

Yesterday I had to take a break for a couple of days, I had to have two teeth pulled out. I need a ton of work done and a new partial plate for the top, so the work is just beginning. Kind of a drag but, it happens.

So this week, I’m going to try and get this cabinet mounted in the van and start serious work on the kitchen cabinet, hopefully it’ll work out.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment