Wednesday, August 4, 2021

ROLLER! Two wheeled at least!

 Hello everyone, 

Yep, did it! First time this iteration of this bike has been assembled this far in 40 plus years.



I don’t think I’m going to use this particular front fender, and this view also shows the 3 1/2 gallon tank. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have those tanks widened. When you sit on the bike the bigger tank feels better.

Next up will be cleaning and attaching the sidecar fray.

But first, my pickup truck needs attention. Before we went to see my youngest son, I went out to start it and it wouldn’t crank. Checked out things and discovered it doesn’t know it’s in park. Apparently the selector switch in the transmission is a common problem with these trucks. So today, I have to drop the oil and the pan and see if I can change the switch with or without dropping the valve body. I’ll get it apart today and then order the parts.

Getting the bike this far has got me really excited, so hopefully I can keep pushing on. My plan is to have the bike a three wheeled roller by Labor Day. After that it’ll be wood cutting time. Not working should make it easier, I’ll be able to do that task during the week and not just on weekends as in previous years. Once the wood is done I should be able to start finishing up all the fitting up of all the parts and then start on the engine.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon, 

TVI


No comments:

Post a Comment