Friday, August 6, 2021

Baby steps

 Hello everyone,

After getting the roller together, I took the solenoid valve out of the pickup. It’s a little different setup than what I saw, so the parts are a little more expensive than I had hoped, but, oh well, has to be fixed.



The top pic is the whole valve body and the bottom pic is the problem. The whole solenoid package has to be changed because the selector switch is part of that assembly. Plus, the cam plate looks kind of suspect.

Besides that I’ve been hanging a few parts on the Harley and blasting and painting some of the pieces for the side car frame. The whole frame needs to be sandblasted and I need to have the pickup closed back up before I do that. Parts should be here next week and hopefully blast the frame after that.



The next pic shows the difference between the 3 1/2 gallon tanks and the 5 gallon tanks. I think the bigger tanks fit this particular bike better. If I can get the smaller ones widened how I want them, the only thing it will change is the length of the fuel line between the tanks.


Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment