Monday, August 30, 2021

Had a minor catastrophe

 Hello everyone, 

Progress has been slow on the bike for the past couple of weeks. Managed to get a few pieces in place but that’s about all. 

Went out to Shipchewanna for a few days, ran up into Michigan and went to the Gilmore Auto Museum, which was pretty cool. Came home and had some things to take care of and then….


Catastrophe struck!! The little plastic water line for our ice cube maker in the fridge broke, luckily I was still awake when it happened but, I was outside and I’m not sure how long the water was spraying!! I got it shutoff but it ruined our floor in the kitchen and part of the dining room. We had 10” wide southern yellow pine plank floors and this buckle was not the worst of them!

I waited about a week with fans and a dehumidifier running before I ended up having to pull it all up. 



At least I won’t have to pull up the underlayment. I guess we’re going to go with some kind of tile, and at the same time we’re going to do the mud room, laundry room and the powder room.

So, with wood cutting and this project it looks like the bike will get shoved back for a month or so.

That’s ok, I’m going to order some parts while I’m waiting, so when I get back to it they should be here waiting.

Went to a couple of concerts this past week. Saw Daryl Hall and John Oats last Thursday and last night saw The Doobie Brothers! Both were really fun concerts! 

As far as this week goes, kind of the same old same old. Mowing, weed whacking, weed pulling stuff. Might do a little on the bike, if I can squeeze it in.

We’ll, I guess that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment