Monday, June 7, 2021

Peace and love

 Hello everyone,

Did a bunch more house work and then took a few days off. We went to Hippie Fest, and a little more. 

We joined a group called Harvest Hosts, and basically it’s a group that includes, museums, breweries, wineries, and farms that you can stay at overnight for free in your camper. So far every place we’ve stayed has been great. Friday night’s stay was at a place called JB Whiskey. Had two bands and really good food, met some great people! BUT, what hit the home run for me was this:




TWO C8 Corvettes up close and personal! I’m a car fan, always have been. I really liked the C7’s when they came out, but these have stolen my heart. The guy with the red one had only owned it for two hours!! On top of this, we wake up the next morning and they’re having a car show!!





So, after the car show, we drive a couple of hours up to Truffant, Michigan, to the Hippie Fest! We had a ball! The music was absolutely spot on, all day. All sorts of vendors selling tie dyes and jewelry, all sorts of food, and all sorts of people! It was really fun, but it was extremely hot. It was out in a huge farm field with almost no shade, hard on us old people! We hung out for about 5 hours and finally had to pack it in. They have several in different spots every year so, I’m sure we’ll make another one!




It was a very cool getaway for us but, now back to the grind. I’ve got about a week and a half before the hot rod reunion and a ton of things to get done. Received several packages while we were gone all of which means things to do. I was making lists while we were gone so, I have a lot of work to get finished up with.

So, I think that’s all for now.
Talk to you soon,
TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment