Monday, June 21, 2021

Great week of racing



 Hello everyone,

Went to Beech Bend in Bowling Green, Kentucky this past week for the 18th annual Hot Rod Reunion. It was a blast! A friend of mine and I went, another friend lives about a mile from the track, so we met up with him, and finally my youngest son came down on Friday for the weekend.

The friend who lives a mile from the track worked with me at the Cat dealer when I started in 1973. We’ve been friends for 48 years. He’s been building cars and bikes for forever! He’s in the process of building a 1951 Chevy 5 window pickup for a while and I finally got to go for a ride in it!! He’s pretty slow at his builds, but now he’s almost 80 years old and still building hot rods!!


We went down a day earlier than we normally go and man, am I glad we did. We got there mid afternoon and there were only 10 camping spaces left! The place was more packed than I have ever seen it!! The racing was great and the show and shine was excellent also.


When I was working at Cat there was a guy who was building a Vega exactly like this one. Small block custom sub frame in the rear, this one was really nice! 

Well, I tried to put in some video clips but, it’s not working today.

So, back to normal life for awhile, see if I can part ways with the golf cart and pickup truck this week and start on the Harley, we’ll see how it goes. 

I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment