Saturday, May 1, 2021

Trying to be busy

 Hello everyone,

After a lot of messing around I finally got tanks attached to my hoses and gauges. After that I heated up the turnbuckle and got it sort of free, it turns but with a pipe wrench. I might try some valve lapping compound and see if I can loosen up the threads a little. The tight side is the left hand thread side, so I don’t have a tap or a die nut to chase the threads.


I managed to get the trailer hitch mounted on the van, without any problems. 


I believe I got the Harley frame cut and bent to clear the motor. It ended up being a lot more than a 1/4 of an inch, almost 3/4”. The seat post does go up and down but it drags a little bit. I think if I polish everything up and grease it good it will work fine.




In the last picture you can hardly tell it’s bent back, which is what I was hoping for. Now, next week, another friend is going to weld it up for me and I should have it back in a week or so. I’ll probably sandblast the rest of the paint off it and start seeing if I can get it to a rolling chassis by summer’s end. 

I went to the auto parts store and bought a new belt for the air compressor. It was starting to slip pretty badly, so I got that changed today too!

I need to make a hook of some kind to roll the torch hose up and I need to wash the van. It’s almost time to mow again and there is still more weeds to pull.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon, 

TVI

P.S. I also have to wire the trailer plug this coming week. Man, all that sounds like I’ll be busy again this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment