Monday, May 17, 2021

Less bike work

 Hello everyone,

More home things this past week. Mowing, pulling weeds, mulch, moving rocks etc..

I did remove the top of one of the golf  carts and put it on the one I intend to keep. I’m going to part ways with the red one that I have, which is a 1974  Cushman and keep the three wheeled 1970 Cushman. I need to buy a battery charger for the one I’m going to sell first.

I had some old lamp posts and some posts with goo gaws  on them that were rotting away. So, we bought some 4x4 posts and brought them home. I did some machining on them so they looked like some posts we saw at an old Shaker village we go to.




I had to mark where I wanted the cuts to end, lay the posts on their side and raise the blade at a 45 degree angle through each side of each post. So, 4 sides and 5 posts! Then finish the cuts with a hand saw and then sand the corners kind of round. Took me almost all afternoon for all of the posts. Then I primed and painted them and then the next day installed three of them.

I spent Wednesday afternoon at the oldest sons house helping him put together a trampoline. I was going to put a video of them on it, but it was taking forever to load.

The bike news for this week is the frame is finished and the guy who did it wants to bring it back to me this weekend. The problem is I won’t be home this weekend so maybe next weekend. When it comes back I can start fitting up the rear wheel and see if I still have all the spacers and brake brackets etc.. Then maybe fit up the rear fender. Hopefully by then “Shop Teacher Bob” will have my tube problem addressed and I can send the front end out to be rebushed.  That, would be real progress!

This weeks agenda is do some more home repairs and maybe some van work. It looks like I might have gotten a little ahead of myself when I finished up the interior! I may have to remove the bed in order to wire up the trailer wiring. I have to remove the taillights and the plastics around them can’t be removed with the bed in it. So, when I do that part I need to think about an easier way of accessing the taillights in case I need to change bulbs!

On the house part, I have three windows that the sashes have literally rotted away. I need to machine down some pieces to the right thickness and get myself one of those multi tools to be able to saw it off and then biscuit and glue on the new pieces, it’s going to be a project, but at least they’re all on the ground floor.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon, 

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment