Monday, May 10, 2021

More bike work

I’ve been working on the Harley project this past week. I started getting ready to send the forks out to have them rebushed and had a minor/ major catastrophe! I set the tubes on the workbench and started looking for the rest of the parts and one of them rolled off the bench and hit the floor. It put a small dent in the bottom and now it won’t slide in the lower leg. I’m going to run it up to “Shop Teacher Bob’s” place this morning and see if he can help me straighten it out. Keep your fingers crossed!

I started stripping the sidecar frame down. I have one of the leaf springs apart and mostly cleaned up. I ordered some rust remover to get the rust out of the pits. Then I’ll paint them, probably black.



As you can see in the lower picture, over the years , moisture and dirt have gotten in between the leaves and started spreading them out. That’s why I took them apart. I broke a couple of the clamps when I was taking them apart so I have to see if I can make new ones, plus see if I can come up with new rivets.

The wife and I took another overnighter and spent some time near Wabash again. We spent the morning by a nice little waterfall, and it was very relaxing.


I got the seat swivel put in the passenger side seat in the van and it’s working out very well. This was the first time we set up the awning too. Those two additions make a huge difference in the “ space” of the van.


I’m still waiting for some more parts for the trailer wiring and the charge ports. Hopefully they’ll be here this week.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon, 

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment