Friday, February 3, 2023

Maybe the next project

 Hello everyone,

I finished up the golf cart, got both speakers put in and tied all the wiring for everything tucked safely away. 

Right before I retired I grabbed a 22 horse, vtwin Briggs engine out of a Miller welder they were scrapping out. I wrapped it up and brought it home and stuck it in my barn. I’ve been pondering putting it in my old Gator.



The biggest problem I face is having to turn down the output side of the crankshaft so the old torque converter will fit. The shaft is 1 1/2” and I’ll probably have to go down to an inch. I contacted “Shop Teacher Bob” and he thinks he might be able to turn it down. It means I’d have to tear the engine down but, I think I’m capable of that. We’ll see still pondering.

I also think I might have picked myself up a part time gig working at a place here in town that sells lawnmowers. Maybe 2-3 days a week. That might put a little jingle in my pocket to support some of my other projects(ie: the old motorcycle!).

We’ll see, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI 

No comments:

Post a Comment