Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Catching up and do overs

 Hello everyone,

I passed on the gator engine swap for a little bit and did some small other projects that needed catching up.

I was running my wood burner and noticed creosote running down the pipe, that hasn’t happened ever in twenty plus years. So, I let the fire die down over night and went to take the pipe off to inspect it and the pass through adapter for the ceiling broke off! I couldn’t repair it so I ordered parts. I also ordered new seal for the door and did some sanding and painting on the stove body and door. At least it’s a little more presentable and should be a little more efficient.

The original problem with the golf cart reared its ugly head again. I ordered a new solenoid and installed it, it ran a little longer, then it appeared again. After a little while of running it just stops, no solenoid engagement. Let it sit a few minutes and it’ll go again. It seems like something is getting hot and breaking down. The only thing left I can think of is a micro switch on the throttle. I ordered some new ones and will run new wires for it. I took the resistors out of it and cleaned all the contacts up and tightened all the pass through bolts up. Now I’m just doing some painting to a few things. I found the original battery hold down s for it I sandblasted and am painting them to install.



The black cover goes over the resistors, like a heat shield. I also had to repair my little portable air tank. It’s probably 35 years old and the little filler valve just broke off the top, so I ordered a whole new assembly and got it all plumbed up.


Well, the parts just arrived for the chimney, and my middle son said he go up on the roof and pull it out so I can change the adapter piece. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI 

No comments:

Post a Comment