Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Back and at it again

 Hello everyone,

Well, we finished off the vacation with a couple of days at the Covered Bridge Festival, in Rockville. Pretty nice, actually. We traveled around the countryside and stayed away from the main festival haunts, with one exception. That one provided all the things we needed to complete the experience! Cinnamon rolls, and Amish breads!

We got back and started cutting wood again, the middle son got quite a bit split and stacked while we were gone. All I did was help finish what he didn’t finish splitting.




We should have this finished up this week and we’ve found about 5 or 6 more trees that need to come down. I fixed the the old gator, had to put in a new electric fuel pump, and I started putting new seals on the fire doors on the outdoor boiler. I didn’t realize how bad those seals were! I’ve got to drain the water in the boiler and replace the anode Rod, I also bought a new thermometer because the glass is cracked on mine and water gets in it. That should be this weekend and we should be ready for winter.

Actually, saw a few snowflakes dying around yesterday, seems pretty early, hope that isn’t a sign of things to come!

Anyway, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment