Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Baby steps

 Hello everyone,

Finished painting the sidecar frame.


Greased up and assembled the leaf springs for the body of the sidecar to mount to.



Finished assembling both side and welded the rivets back on the little clips that hold them in line. When I took the first one apart I thought they were bolts and ground off the rivet heads, but I managed to save the ones on the second set, so it was a breeze to put back together.

Got a coat of paint on them and Bob’s your uncle, they look pretty good!


Well, when the paint dries I can move them off my table and clean up the shop a little and start building the cabinet for Diego. I fixed a couple of things in the van that were on the list from the last trip, all that’s left at the moment is the cabinet. Hopefully I can put that together fairly quickly, I want to keep going on the bike while I have a little head of steam going. Next up will be to disassemble the bike and do some repairs on the frame and get it sanded and painted.

Well, we’ll see how we progress, and I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment