Monday, March 15, 2021

Trying to move on

 Hello everyone,

The son who’s living with us, went to the neighbor’s house and cut down some trees for him in his cow pasture. I went over with the tractor and loaded them up on a trailer and brought them home to split. We’re just about to the end of heating season here so, this’ll get us started for next season.

My wife and I took the van on its maiden voyage last week and it performed well. Couple of small things, the sink leaked water, and we found it’s very close quarters if you have to spend an extended period of time in it when you’re sitting still.

Other than that, seemed fine.

I’ve recovered well enough that I can pretty much get on with taking care of things here. I have a maintenance list that needs attention. The tractor needs a full service and new blades and anti scalping wheels. The clutch bearing on one of my saws went south and took the new brake band and possibly the cover with it. Both saws need new bars and some new chains to go with.

So, I’ll order parts for those things in a week or so, and then, forge ahead. In another month or so, it’ll be time to start prettying up the place for summer. 

We had a couple of teaser days last week where the temps hit almost 70. The wife and I had a fire in the outdoor fireplace and it was wonderful. So ready for that to be a much more available thing!

Well, I think that’s it for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI


No comments:

Post a Comment