Monday, February 22, 2021

Recovering

 Hell everyone,

Well, just like the title says I’ve spent the last week or so recovering from my double hernia surgery. First few days were pretty painful, but the last few have been better everyday. Still pretty tender but, able to move around smoother each day. Pretty good, I think, for being sixty seven years old!

Haven’t done much, but I did get the solenoid mounted for the battery isolator. Made up the short cables for the fuses and mounted the cables and the fuse blocks. 

Last week the temps dipped into the negatives over night and the wife went out to start the van and it was a no go! Yesterday, I tested the battery and charged everything up and it appears the starter went out of it. At the moment, I’m not in any shape to change the starter, so I’m trying to figure out if my son is capable of changing it or, if I’ll have to have it towed to town and have it replaced.

I’ll have to come up with an answer fairly quickly, because I’ll need to test the isolator setup and make sure it’s all charging correctly.

The shop is a disaster, so I need to clean it up and put things away this week too.

Well, decisions, decisions! I think that’s it for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment