Monday, February 1, 2021

Back to a normal pace

 Hello everyone,

Starting to get back to normal around here. Other than a couple of doctors visits, the schedule is normalizing.

Started out doing a little work on a hand held gas leaf blower that my wife’s friend gave me. It didn’t run so I finally got around to looking at it. Turns out the coil is bad, so I took all the plastic off it and scrapped the engine. Then I had an old chain saw that hadn’t run in forever and I played with it for awhile, it also had more problems than were worth fixing so I scrapped it too. 

All the parts for the van electrical system came in and we sat down and figured out how we wanted it mounted. We bought most of the wood to do the shelves and that, so, that’s this week’s project.


The heart of the electrical system, besides the giant battery, is a 3000 watt inverter. Mostly only worried about coffee and my wife’s hairdryer but, I bought bigger in case we needed a heater or a small air conditioner.


Overnight on Saturday and into Sunday we probably got 8”- 10” of snow. Very wet and heavy snow. So I got up Sunday morning and plowed the driveway and cleaned up a path from the barn.


So, winter in the Midwest never ceases to amaze me. We’ve had a pretty decent winter up until now, and hopefully this was the worst of it.
Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon, 
TVI 

No comments:

Post a Comment