Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A man of many hats

 Hello everyone,

I managed to screw up my back this past week and had to take 4 or 5 days off( lucky me!). So I started feeling much better yesterday and finished the repair on the gator and got it put all back together.



The first two pics show the gussets I made to strengthen the repair on the fork and the last one shows the “pride” of the fleet all back in working order. I haven’t hauled a load of wood in it yet but I ran  over some stumps and bumps to test it and it seems pretty solid.
So, since I’ve been retired I’ve been a plumber, an electrician, a carpenter and a timber jack. And , today I’m a car mechanic!

I drove a 2005 Ford Five Hundred back and forth to work for about the last 7 or 8 years. 110 miles a day, round trip, and now I’m ready to part ways with the old girl. With 300,000 miles on it and the last few weeks of working, the rear brakes started grinding. Took it all apart today, and needed a tool to screw the calipers back in. Borrowed it from Auto Zone and it turns out there’s one for right hand threads and one for left hand threads, I got the right hand thread one and needed the left hand thread one. Figured out what was going on and knocked them loosed with a punch and wound them in with the wrong tool! 
So, by the time I got that far, I had promised my wife I would make dinner. We had some leeks in the garden and picked the last of them yesterday. So I made homemade leek and potato soup. It was pretty damn good, even if I do say so myself.
So, I’ll get up in the morning and start putting the car all back together, and I’m supposed to meet a friend for lunch in town, and then maybe I’ll finish it up tomorrow evening.
Well, at least that’s the plan, and I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI


No comments:

Post a Comment