Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Started the car project

 Hello everyone,

Got the shop all cleaned up and things moved around enough to make working on the car a little easier. With some help from everyone here we got the car pushed up into the shop.


I spent some time on YouTube, and did some reconoitering on my own and got the car jacked up and the front cover and stuff out of the way and found what was left of the broken timing belt.


After that I went to town and picked up a new timing belt and a compression tester. Put everything back in time and installed the new belt. Ran a compression test and CRAP! Number three cylinder has zero compression. Thought maybe I’d get lucky. So the cylinder head has to come off. After I get it off and hopefully no major damage just some bent valves, I’ll find an automotive machine shop and get the bent ones replaced and the others ground and hopefully be back in business.

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI 

No comments:

Post a Comment