Thursday, September 29, 2022

And so it begins

 Hello everyone,

The title says it’s time for wood cutting! It’s a lot of work for me, being almost 70, but it’s still my favorite time of year. Cool and crisp, not cold and snowy. The leaves are falling and changing colors. Plus, the work heats my house all winter, without paying the price for LP gas.

Here is the start,




Three large trees down, two were dead, one was dangerous for walking by. I’ve tried over the years to take the damaged ones if I could. 

The wife and I are leaving on vacation for a week or two, so my middle son is in charge of processing the wood that’s down. It’s mostly cut into chunks already but needs to be split, collected and stacked. We added a new spot to store wood awhile back, which hopefully makes it easier to keep the home fires burning. When we get back we’ll have more wood to cut, I’m guessing about 5 more or so good size trees

Well, I think that’s all for now.

Talk to you soon,

TVI

No comments:

Post a Comment